In addition to operating structured permanent supportive and rapid re-housing programs, our case managers assist all clients to locate habitable and affordable housing in the community. We also provide information and training opportunities for clients to learn and understand client rights and responsibilities. Our permanent supportive housing program consists of 31 units that HALO leases from landlords throughout the community. The primary population being assisted are those who are chronically homeless - long term homeless and disabled. Rent assistance and wrap around supportive services are included in the program. HALO also operates a rapid re-housing program which is intended to quickly re-house persons after they enter shelter by providing rent assistance and case management for a period of time to help the household "get back on their feet".
- Financial help such as monthly budgeting, workshops, and training
- Help with coordinating medical and other appointments
- Education through workshops held at HALO, Inc. and partner agecies
- Mentoring and support
- Volunteer and employment opportunities
- Referrals for legal assistance
- Assistance to apply for medical, TANF/W-2, FSET and other mainstream benefits
- Assistance for disabled participants in obtaining SSI/SSDI
- Life skills workshops
- Parenting and nurturing workshops
All persons who are in shelter are eligible to receive assistance in locating housing and to receive information about tenant rights and responsibilities. HALO participates in coordinated entry and housing prioritization with other agencies providing services to persons experiencing homelessness. This system assures that the most vulnerable of those experiencing homelessness are prioritized for permanent supportive housing and those who are more likely to achieve housing stability within a short period of time are prioritized for rapid re-housing. Coordinated entry also assures that we are using standardized assessment tools and that all persons are being evaluated in the same manner for housing opportunities.